1. We had one of the worst thunderstorms I can remember being in the other night. It lasted several hours throughout the night. The rain was absolutely pouring. It reminded me of the rain we had in the few hurricanes we went through when we lived in Florida. The thunder was literally shaking the house. But, all four kids slept through it all! So glad we have sound sleepers!
2. Wednesday morning, Sweetie Cakes told me I was her favourite sister. Hmmm.... Perhaps we should spend more time going over the members of the family.
4. Don't tell Mr. Handsome, but I think that I may just be starting to get the "I want to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies" phase. He's gonna be thrilled.
5. You probably just noticed that I skipped number 3. Don't ask my why. I'll blame mommy brain on that one.
6. Speaking of mommy brain, I had a "moment" yesterday. I was going to make the kids some lunch, so I put on a pot of water to boil. Then I waited. And waited. It seemed to be taking forever to boil. That's when I realized I had forgotten to turn the burner on. Smooth move, mommy.
7. I think I am losing it in my old age. I am a bit more emotional than I used to be. For instance, I was watching America's Got Talent the other night. If you have haven't kept up with that show, then you aren't missing out on much. But there are some neat acts. But one of them is this family - the mom and dad and their 12 (yes, I said 12!) kids. And they all do tricks and stuff. On their unicycles! Some of the unicycles are like 10 or 15 feet or higher in the air! Wow! Its pretty neat. Anyways, their kids ages range from probably close to 20 down to the youngest two who are probably 4ish. Anyway, they were doing their little act and at the end the very cute youngest little girls (I think they are twins) come out on stage - on unicycles! It was pretty neat and the crowd went wild. And I started to get choked up with tears in my eyes. Why? We can't be certain, but I told myself it was ridiculous. But it was just neat to see that whole family doing this together. And I don't know their faith, but I know I have seen clips of them praying together. Sweet indeed.
8. I also was all teary eyed last night watching the season premier of Duck Dynasty. I know, I know. Crazy. But the family put on a surprise wedding for the parents, who were celebrating 48 years together! 48! They had never had a wedding - they got married at the justice of the peace. And the wedding was so sweet - to see that they are still together, having stuck it out through thick and thin. It still makes me a little teary eyed!
9. First week of school is almost done, and it has gone well. It feels good to have things started and a nice routine going.
10. As I was typing this, my friend who lives a couple doors down from us texted me a picture of what her husband won in a golf tournament today. It was a goat. Yes folks. Now you know. We live right in the center of Hickville. :-)
11. Lately I have been working with the kids on not coming and interrupting me when I am talking with someone. This has especially a problem when at church. I will be talking to someone and they come up, pull on me and say over and over, " Mommy. Mom! Mommy!" It is very rude and a bit frustrating for me. So I have been teaching them to just come up, put their hand on my arm to let me know they need something. I told them that if I can't talk right away, I will put my hand on their hand to let them know that I know they are there and that they need something, and I will be with them in a minute. Its actually working pretty well. Although Pumpkin has taken it a little further and now, whenever she wants to say something to me, even at home, will come and put her hand on my arm before she talks. Even if I am in bed and she comes in to our room. I will wake up to her standing there with her hand on my arm. It makes me smile. At least she is listening.
I suppose that is all the randomness for now!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to hear your thoughts!